Google releases updates to the operating system (OS) frequently. Being on an outdated OS version could cause problems with applications and the Chromebook itself. To check to make sure the Chromebook is up to date follow the steps below.
- Sign into the Chromebook
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings, the cog wheel icon in the upper right hand corner.
- At the bottom of the left of the new panel panel that opens, select About Chrome OS.
- Under “Google Chrome OS,” you’ll find which version of the Chrome operating system your Chromebook uses.
- Select Check for updates.
- If your Chromebook finds a software update, it will start to download automatically.
- When complete, click the Restart button to complete the update.