Starting with Chrome operating system 86, Google Meet offers the ability to blur the background when the camera is enabled. To check to see if the Chromebook is at version 86, follow these steps.
Enabling Blur Background
- Go to Google Meet select a meeting.
- On the bottom right of your self view, click Change Background .
- To completely blur your background, click Blur your background .
- Click Join Now.
Disabling Blur Background
- On the bottom right, click More .
- Click Turn off background blur .