Did you know that students and staff can reset their passwords without assistance from the Department of Technology or the school’s Technology Support Technician
Yep, students and staff can reset their passwords on their own in just 2 easy steps:
- Set up your password recovery and reset option in ClassLink. You must be setup prior to a password expiring or an account being locked out.
- Reset your password
Password Requirements; minimum of 8 characters to include 3 of the 4 following items: 1 capital letter, 1 lower case letter, 1 number and/or 1 special character.
Must have password recovery and reset options set before you can reset password.
- At the login screen of the ClassLink LaunchPad (https://launchpad.classlink.com/vbschools), select “Help, I forgot my password”. This can be done from any device that has a internet connection.
- Students = ID number; Staff = login ID and select the check mark; NOTE: must leave vbschools as the default
- Select either the “Questions” or “SMS Text” that was previously configured; Once confirmed, enter the new password.
If you are assigned to a school and have any trouble configuring your Password Recovery and Reset, please call your school’s Technology Support Technician(TST) for assistance.
If you are assigned to an admin site and have any trouble configuring your Password Recovery and Reset, please call the Customer Support Center at 757-263-1111 for assistance.
- The previous 24 passwords cannot be reused
- Passwords must contain at least 8 alphanumeric characters
- Passwords must contain three of the following four items:
- Upper case letter
- Lower case letter
- One number (for example, 0-9)
- One of these special characters (,!$%^*()_)
- Passwords must not contain part of the account name or display name
- Passwords cannot be changed more than once in 2 days