There may be a time when all the settings have been reset and the Chromebook is still not performing. Reloading the operating system may get the Chromebook back to a functioning state. This does not wipe the student’s data.
- From a powered on state, Press Esc + Refresh + Power. The text on the screen will show either “Chrome OS is missing or damaged” or “Please insert a recovery USB stick or SD card”. (Refresh is the 4th button on the top row; circular arrow)
- Press Ctrl + D, then press Enter key to turn off OS verification
- After pressing the Enter Key, press the Space bar to re-enable, which will turn the Chromebook back on OR Enter key if it is a newer model
- This will cause the Chromebook to reboot and clear all its local data and will reload the current version of the OS that is stored on the device; the process takes anywhere from 30 seconds to over a minute to complete
- The Chromebook will return to the Welcome screen when it reboots. Click Let’s Go and add the home wi-fi and accept the terms and conditions; Enterprise enrollment will show up after the Chromebook goes through checking configuration
- If Enterprise enrollment fails, click OK and Classlink login will appear.
- Login to complete the process