To ensure a safe virtual classroom environment, it is imperative that all Zoom meetings be configured with the appropriate security settings. Correctly applying security settings in your meetings is essential to reduce the chance of having uninvited and unwelcome meeting participants. All teachers should login to https://vbschools.zoom.us to verify all Zoom meetings have the appropriate security settings applied.
Apply the appropriate security settings to new and existing meetings:
- For existing meetings, go to the Upcoming Meetings section and click Edit for each meeting.
- Locate the Security section and ensure that “Require Authentication to Join” is enabled (it is disabled in the image shown immediately below).
- Once enabled and the meeting is saved, the meeting settings will show “Require Authentication to Join: Secure Classroom” (see image). This will ensure that only participants with accounts in the domains shown below will be able to join your meeting.
- For new meetings, configure the security settings in the exact same manner.
- IMPORTANT: Ensure that students are securely logging into your meetings using the Sign In With SSO option as outlined on the Zoom Information page.
Additional In Meeting Security Options
Additional In-Meeting security related options for use by the host and co-host during a Zoom meeting can be accessed at the bottom of the screen as shown below. Being aware of these options and all that they provide can help teachers/hosts quickly stop any meeting disruption that may occur. More information is available here.
Personal Zoom Meeting Room – Disabled October 2020
If you still have a Personal Room option available to you in the Meetings section (see image), please submit a Service Desk ticket. Your account will be moved to the proper Zoom user group to ensure the same Zoom experience for you as your fellow teachers.