There may be times when accessing the Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) an error message appears. Below are some common messages and solutions.
No Available Resources
Maintenance is currently being performed. Staff and students will be notified on maintenance. Students should check with their teacher if the message continues.
Gateway or Protocol error
The connection between Client and Gateway or sever dropped. Retry the connection. If multiple attempts, close and re-open the WVD site and try again.
WVD site not loading
After clicking on the WVD app on the ClassLink LaunchPad, the WVD may remain white with blue loading dots for several minutes. If this happens, users need to clear their cache and re-open the WVD app from ClassLink.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Click the three vertical dots in the top right of the Chrome browser.
- Hover the mouse over More Tools.
- Click Clear Browsing Data.
- Click the Advanced tab at the top. Set Time range to all time. Click all available boxes and click clear data on the bottom right.
Access after a password reset
If you are unable to login to the WVD site or just had a password change, you will need to update your login credentials within the WVD app on the ClassLink LaunchPad
- In the ClassLink LaunchPad, right-click on the WVD app and choose Edit Password.
- There should be a single entry listed named default. To the right, select blue icon with a pencil in a box.
- Enter new password and click Save.
Adobe Creative Cloud license issue
If there is an error within Adobe saying the license has expired, signing out of Adobe Creative Cloud may resolve the issue.
- Close out of all Adobe Applications
- Click on the start button and select Adobe Creative cloud in the list of applications
3. Once opened, select on the blue pie icon in the top right; select sign out
4. Sign back in as normal
Students: If you run into any issues accessing or using the virtual desktops, please reach out to your teacher first for assistance.
Staff: If you run into issues or a student comes to you with an issue you are unable to resolve, please put in a Service Desk ticket.