Windows Virtual Desktops (WVD) gives students and staff access to a full Windows desktop environment regardless of the device type (Windows, Mac, or ChromeOS). Using WVD, students and staff can utilize applications that they otherwise would not have access to at home such as Microsoft Office, AutoDesk, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
Not all students and staff have access to the virtual desktops. Specific design, programming, and career and technical classes were identified to be granted access. Classes that have been granted access will have the WVD app added to their ClassLink LaunchPad.
Accessing the virtual desktops:
- Go to your ClassLink LaunchPad and find the WVD app. Click on it to open.
- When opening the app for the first time, enter your login credentials. These credentials will need to be updated when the password changes. Enter your credentials and hit Save. In the future, when clicking on the WVD app, it will take you directly to the WVD website.
- Once in the WVD site, it should show the desktops you have access to. Click on the desktop to connect.
- Grant the WVD any local resources if needed and click Allow.
- Login using only username or student ID. Password is network password. Click Submit to connect.
Once connected, it’s recommended to full screen the environment by clicking the double-sided arrow at the top right. You click the same icon to exit full screen.