VB Schools uses Zoom as one of our meeting and collaboration tools to facilitate virtual instruction and meetings. This article will help you to sign onto the Virginia Beach Schools Zoom platform.
First, select the type of installation that is right for you:
- If you’re on a VB Schools Chromebook, simply click the Zoom meeting link your teacher provided to you. This should be all you need to do. If you’re not on a VB Schools Chromebook, you will be directed to Classlink. Log into Classlink using your student username and password.
- You’re all set! Now you’ll be able to join any Zoom meeting started by your teacher. Happy Zooming!
Zoom accounts will be created using your short email address. For example, the short email address for John Smith may be [email protected] If you already have a Zoom account using your short email address, it will be connected to the division’s license using the instructions below. Any meetings you may have set in an existing short email account that is connected to the division’s license will be saved and transferred.
If you already have a Zoom account using your long email address, a new Zoom account will be created using your short email and connected to the division’s license. Any scheduled meetings in the Zoom account with the long email address will need to be recreated in the new account.
- Make sure that you are logged out of any Zoom accounts. The easiest way to do this is to go to the Zoom website. If there is a menu option towards the top right of the page that says My Account, then you are logged in with an existing Zoom account. Click on My Account. This should bring you to the account Profile page. Here, you can see which account is logged in. To log out of this account, click on the the account picture near the top right of the page. A menu will drop down with an option to Sign Out near the bottom. Click Sign Out.
- Go to the VB Schools Zoom login page: vbschools.zoom.us
- Click on the Sign In button
- Sign in using your short email address.
- A successful login should bring you to your Zoom account’s Profile page. If so, then your account has been set up successfully.
- On Windows computers, you can download the Zoom client from Software Center. You can find Software Center by searching for it in the search bar area next to the Windows Start button. If you need assistance, please contact the school’s TST or call the Customer Support Center at 263-1111.
- Log into the Zoom client on your PC using your new Zoom account. Please click Sign In with SSO and then proceed as instructed in the final image below.
You’re ready to Zoom!